Enhance Your Reading Skills With The Help Of Our Experts!
IELTS reading test assesses a wide range of reading skills through comprehensive question types on various topics. Time management is the most crucial aspect to keep in mind while appearing for the IELTS reading test. So learn how to ace this part of the test with the help of experts at Dolphin Head Hunters.
The reading test in detail:
- The Academic Reading examination lasts for 60 minutes
- There are three divisions. The text is 2,150–2,750 words long overall. Each segment has a single lengthy text
- The texts are obtained from publications like books, journals, magazines, and newspapers. They cover scholarly subjects of general interest and were written for a non-specialist readership
- Test takers who are enrolling in undergraduate or graduate programmes or pursuing professional registration will find the texts acceptable and easily understandable
- Texts range from discursive and analytical to factual and descriptive
- Texts may include nonverbal components like drawings, graphs, and diagrams
- When technical terms are used in the texts, a brief glossary is provided
- Multiple choice
- Identifying information
- Identifying a writer's views/claims
- Matching information
- Matching headings
- Matching features
- Matching sentence endings
- Sentence completion
- Summary, note, table, flow-chart completion
- Diagram label completion
- Short-answer questions
Each correct answer receives 1 mark. Above 40 scores are converted to 9-band scale in IELTS. The scores are either declared in whole and half bands.
Improve your IELTS reading score by making a robust practice plan. Practice is the key to fulfilling your dreams. For further details, contact our experts today!